Thursday, April 10, 2014

DETOX BATH

I Heart Baths, and Young Living Essential Oils have made them even more enjoyable!


There is something so soothing about a relaxing warm bath after a long day.

BEFORE Young Living Essential Oils entered our house we would stock up on yummy scented bath products little did I know that the product I was soaking in was loaded with chemicals that are harmful for our skin.  Thankfully, Young Living Essential Oils entered our house!  Due to our environment, our bodies are not getting the proper amount of magnesium that we need. Our bodies NEED magnesium to survive, yet our soil is being depleted and the typical diet severely lacks the amount we need.  I recently started with Young Living Essential Oils for health reasons and started adding them to my detox baths. I try to take a detox bath at least once a week, if not more, or every day! I use Peace and Calming or Lavender essential oil most of the time, however, I change it up depending on my mood. If I really want to relax and I am going right to bed after a detox bath, I do a combo of Lavender and Peace & Calming essential oils.

Amazing Detox Bath Recipe

2 Cups of Epsom Salt
1/2 Cup of Baking Soda
10 Drops of Essential Oil
(I only use Therapeutic Grade Young Living Essential Oils)
1 Bathtub of Hot Water (Not too hot, but not warm)

20 to 30 Minutes of Soaking Time

I like combining the epsom salts, baking soda, and essential oil together before adding to the water in the tub. By adding the essential oils to the epsom salts and baking soda, the oil absorbs into the salt mixture and does not float on the top of the water. As we all know oil and water do not mix, therefore, adding essential oils to the bath water will not be as beneficial as it could be.

ENJOY your bath! 

No comments:

Post a Comment